We're Pregnant!!!!!!!

We.Are.Pregnant!!!!  Praise the Lord!!

I am still in shock!  We have known for about a little over a week now that the IVF worked and we're pregnant, but I still can't quite convince myself (however; the constant exhaustion is trying it's best to prove it to me!!!). 

We wanted to tell most of our family before we posted, so that's why I've been delayed in posting an update on here.  We still need to tell one of my brothers, but I didn't want to wait any longer to post this update as I've had several friends ask.  So, if you know my brother Mark, don't tell him!!  We want to in person.  :) 

On Thursday, June 12, we had our first HCG beta.  I expected to find out I was pregnant because on Tuesday night, Wednesday morning and Wednesday afternoon, I had taken home pregnancy tests and made sure the line got darker each time. 



There was a chance I was going out of town Thursday night, so I wanted to make sure to have a night home with Dusty to celebrate.  So, on Wednesday morning, after I took my 2nd test, I picked up a Father's Day card to give Dusty.  We haven't had much of a reason to celebrate or even think about Father's Day for the last few years, but having this positive test before Father's Day was an incredible feeling!  Dusty read the card Wednesday night and then unwrapped the pregnancy tests.  Being able to tell him that I was pregnant and he was going to be a daddy was the best feeling in the world! 

Then, on Thursday, as I had mentioned, we had our first beta blood test.  I went in around 8:00 and then got an email around 2:00 from Sarah.  At that point, she said they like to see beta levels around 100-150.  Well, mine was 374!!!  I couldn't believe it! 

I had to wait over the weekend for my 2nd beta on Monday.  Then, to torture me even more, Sarah didn't respond until 5:30 with my results.  If you don't know, beta levels are supposed to double every 48 hours.  So, that being said, mine should have been around 1,500.  Mind was 2,405!!!  I was so excited! 

I asked Sarah if HCG levels could be too high, and she said they could, but that would be the 10,000 range at my first test, so mine was fine!  Sarah said it could indicate that both embryos have implanted, but it was too early to tell. 

Goodness!  We could have twins!!  I'm so excited!  This just doesn't feel real.  After nearly 2 years of trying to get pregnant, we finally are!!!  We have our first ultrasound on Friday.  I'm hoping and praying we'll see one (or maybe even 2) little embryos!!  I can't wait!! 

***If you know me in real life, which a lot of you do, please keep this quiet for a while longer.  We are waiting until we are further along before announcing it.***

Comments

  1. Michelle!!!I am sooooo excited!!! You have no idea the joy and happiness I have for you guys right now! You're going to be wonderful parents!! Our kiddos can grow up together!! Look out baseball games!! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much!! That will be so much fun! Love you guys too!!

      Delete
    2. Soooooo excited!! Praying for you!!!

      Delete
  2. I've been following along, never commented before. I've had a friend who struggled with infertility and became pregnant with twin girls. They are now three years old and doing beautifully. I was with her every step of the way and I still remember how excited she was when she brought in her roll of ultrasounds. To you I say a hearty congratulations!!!! Such a difficult journey for those who travel it so when there's good news, it's definitely worth celebrating! May God bless you on this journey and I'm excited to see your Happy Ending! Take it easy and cheers to a smooth pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment