Catching Up.....It's been a Minute...

Wow…It’s been a minute (or few) since I’ve even been on here, let alone thought about blogging.  August 2019…a year and a half.  Goodness.  That’s such a long time.  What is funny is I said I’d try to not be gone so long the next time I blogged, and well, that didn’t happen.

What has happened since August 2019…well, the whole world has lived through, and is still living through, a pandemic.  Who would have thought a virus could cripple our entire world like COVID-19 has.  It’s scary, it’s awful, and I absolutely hate it.  Mine and my husband’s companies made the decisions to send employees home mid-March 2020 and honestly, we thought we’d be home a few weeks and then be back in the office.  Here we are, 11 months later, still working from home. 

And while that is huge news, that is not the biggest news.  We had a baby!  Without IVF, without fertility drugs, that didn’t end in a miscarriage!  Can you even believe it?  Violet Grace was born October 16, 2020.  Violet has such a story for me to tell, and I have been feelings of guilt that someday, this blog may still be here for our kids to read their stories, and it would be so incomplete without Violet’s story being told.

I never finished my miscarriage story, and in order to tell Violet’s story, I have to finish that story.  In fact, I have a draft that I started in September 2019 about what we learned from the miscarriage.  I’ll post that after I do this post, as it has a lot of information I started then, and want to share. 

Comments