Vegas & Straight No Chaser, Baby!!

Dusty and I went to Vegas recently, and I wanted to share a little about our trip on here.  About three years ago, Dusty and I were flipping through channels on the tv, and came across the local PBS station.  They were airing a special with a group called Straight No Chaser (SNC).  We instantly fell in love the group.  The things they were able to do with no instruments or special effects were incredible.  Dusty and I attended our first concert in October of 2010 and after seeing them live, loved them even more!  Part of the appeal for Dusty and me is our love of music, including the technicalities within music (more Dusty than me), and Dusty and I have such an appreciation for the musical talent these guys have. 

Since seeing Straight No Chaser in 2010, we saw them again in October of 2011 in Kansas City.  We went to Iowa to run the Race for the Cure with his sisters in Des Moines, and just happened to check their schedule and saw they were going to be in Kansas City the very day we would be driving through there on our way home from Iowa.  Then, they were in Fort Smith in April of 2012, so we saw them a third time then.

Last fall, SNC had a Straight No Chaser cruise event.  We had already planned other vacations last year, and didn't have the funds or time off to do the cruise.  After seeing other "Chasers" post videos on YouTube and other places, I knew I didn't want to miss out on the fun if they did another cruise. 

Instead of a cruise this year, they had a Chaser Summit in Las Vegas.  Included in the Summit was a cocktail party with the guys, bowling and hanging out with the guys, Q&A time with management and with the guys, and 4 concerts!!  Dusty and I got to meet the guys of SNC and listen to some amazing music. 

Here are a few of our pictures from our time in Vegas. 

I may or may not have a big time crush on the guy holding the red solo cup in the collage pic (hey, he's HOT!!!).  It's all good, Dusty is completely aware of this.  :)
 
Here is a link to their newest mash-up, which was a HUGE crowd favorite!
 
 
So - that is a recap of our Vegas trip!  Love Straight No Chaser...as if you couldn't tell.
 

Comments