Six Months

Six months ago, mine & Dusty’s beautiful children were born, 18 weeks too early. 

Six months ago, I first looked at the faces of my beautiful babies. 
Six months ago, my children entered this world, and fought so very hard, and tried, so hard, to live. 
Six months ago, I went to a doctor’s appointment at 9:15, and by 9:45, learned I was dilated to a 4, and was in labor. 
Six months ago, I was admitted to the hospital, and measures were taken to stop my labor. 
Six months ago, I texted my sister-in-law, and asked her to come to the hospital. 
Six months ago, I called my mom and asked her to come to the hospital (which I still have no recollection of). 
Six months ago, I called Dusty and told him to stay at work, and that I’d see him at 5:00, and would be in the hospital for the next several weeks.  Thank goodness he ignored that.
Six months ago was the worst 3 days of mine & Dusty’s life. 
Six months living without our children, wishing at times, we were with them in Heaven, and not here.
How has half a year gone by since Chandler Charles and Paisley Joan came into this world, and left so quickly, too quickly, a lifetime too soon.  We miss our Bitties so badly.  The only comfort is we are six months closer to seeing our beautiful babies again, to hug their little bodies, to breathe in their scent, and to never let go. 

Comments