A Chemical Pregnancy

Well.  I haven't been on here much. 

We did a frozen embryo transfer on May 12.  Everything was "perfect".  Our perfect little embryo thawed perfectly, and the transfer went about as smoothly as it can go. 

On the 18th, I took my first home pregnancy test and got a squinter.  The faintest line appeared.  I convinced myself it was early, and was in the evening, so all was fine.  The next morning, I took another test, and the line was just slightly darker.  I was still worried, but again, figured it was so early, we'd be fine.  I proceeded to take a few more tests and each time, the line was slightly darker.  It was never where I wanted it to be, but I figured maybe our Little Bit was just a late implanter and would be fine. 

We had our first beta on the 21st.  The results came back.  Not great.  Not horrible.  My beta level was 35.  I was in the "grey area".  I was discouraged for a couple of hours, but slowly, and with some help, worked my way out of it.  After all, a friend that I know who also lost her twin babies and is now 31 weeks pregnant had her beta start at 33.9.  So, I wasn't counting this out yet. 

We had our repeat on the 23rd.  It was great!  The number doubled.  It was exactly 70.  The doctor was "cautiously optimistic" and we were thrilled.  We just KNEW we had a late implanter and all would be good.

They had me repeat the labs today.  It dropped from 70 to 62.  A chemical pregnancy.  It's over. 

Once again, I am shattered.  Dusty is broken.  This isn't fair.

Comments

  1. Oh, dear one. Praying for you. I've been there. I know how it hurts. xxoooxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, I'm so sorry, so very, very sorry and it truly sucks...it sure isn't fair...just have no other words. Sending hugs (( )) (( )) (( )) for strength and support. :O(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment