What's Next, Part 2

I am so sorry it's been so long since I've posted.  I promise I will get caught up very soon and will be posting much more frequently!  

Anyway, where I left off.  I failed to mention in my last post that Dr. M said he thought the chance of twins again was "only" about 15%.  In the grand scheme of things, 15% isn't much.  To me, it's huge.  That worried me.  Then, I thought, but this is coming from somebody who can't explain why their clinic's FET success rate is only 26%, so...what does it really mean.  Honestly, I would have thought it was a little high, but I'm clearly not an expert.

Dusty and I proceeded to schedule a consult appointment with Dr. H, given we didn't want to wait until early July to talk to Dr. P.  I had assumed my next cycle would start in late June/early July, and we'd need to have a decision made by that point.  

We met with Dr. H and it was really nice to talk through things with him.  We ended up talking to him for 30 minutes.  We told him that ultimately, it was our decision, but we wanted his opinion.  Dusty flat out asked him what he would do if it was he were us.  We discussed various things about Chandler and Paisley's pregnancy and delivery, we talked about the clinic's FET success rate, we talked about the other nearby clinic and it's success rate, and several other issues.  At the end of the appointment, after much consideration, Dr. H said that if he were us, he would probably move forward with transferring our two frozen embryos.  

I'm not saying that solidified the decision for us at all, because it was still our decision, but it did help.  We at least had the opinions of two medical professionals.  

So, Dusty and I continued to think about it for several more days.  We were very torn and just really didn't know what to do.  On one hand, do we run the risk of twins again, even with the clinic's very poor FET success rate?  On the other, do we shell out $10,000+ out of pocket to start all over, when we have two perfectly good embryos sitting on ice waiting on us.  Of course, no matter what, we'd go back for those babies.  

My body decided to give us plenty of time to get comfortable with what ultimately was our decision.  Thinking my cycle would start sometime in late June or early July, it decided to take it's sweet time.  Finally, around cycle day 55, I was prescribed provera.  My cycle finally started on July 30th.  We were off to our next round.  

I'll be posting to catch everybody up on what we decided and update everyone on that round very soon.  

Comments

Post a Comment