Somewhere Over the Rainbow...

First Birthday Party!

So…here I am, 3 ½ months late posting about the babies first birthday party!  I know.  I am terrible!

I started getting ideas in my head for their birthday party around 6 months, but pushed those thoughts aside because it was just too early to be thinking about these things.  My babies were not going to grow up that quickly and if I didn’t think about it, surely it wouldn’t happen, right?!?! 

I wanted a rainbow themed birthday party for these sweet rainbow babies.  The invites said “Somewhere Over the Rainbow…Dreams Really Do Come True” because these sweethearts really are mine and Dusty’s dreams come true.  We had our March for Babies the morning of their birthday party and then friends and family gathered at a local park to celebrate Kanon and Remington turning 1! 

Remi absolutely loved the cake.  She dug right in, and then smashed it with her hands, lol!  She loved it all, until she had her hands covered with icing and decided to rub her eyes!  Kanon was a little more hesitant but then he dug in and thought it was yummy too! 
We also brought their walkers and let them stroll around before the party really got started and they loved going around and visiting everyone.

We had rainbow balloons and each tablecloth was a different color of the rainbow.  We also bought red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple jelly beans with rainbow bags for everyone to make their own rainbows as a party favor. 

All and all, I was so happy with how their party turned out!


Here are a few pictures from the day.









Comments