Dance, Mommy, Dance!

My last post was a lesson learned from my babies, and then over the weekend, the idea of this post hit me, as my daughter demanded Alexa play "Toe Tap", which is actually the Trolls Soundtrack.  Another lesson.  

Nothing gets my baby girl up and moving quicker than JT's Can't Stop the Feeling.  Remi and Kanon both got on a kick where they wanted to watch the Trolls movie, over and over and over.  And of course, along with that, are the songs in the movie.  Remi has learned from her aunt she can play all the songs through Alexa by asking for the Trolls Soundtrack and that is her jam!  She loves it.  Absolutely loves it!  She dances.  She demands everyone around her dances, and it make her so happy!  

Over the weekend, in the middle of dishes and putting away breakfast leftovers and laundry and who knows what else was going on, Remi asked for the music to play, and I obliged.  As we were standing in the kitchen, a couple of songs went by as Dusty and I continued on with our work, but then Can't Stop the Feeling came on, and that was it, we had to dance!  Remi yelled first at Kanon, "Bubby, dance!", then my turn, "Mommy, dance!"  Lastly, it was time for Daddy to dance too, and Remi very quickly demanded it from him as well!  

How easy it would have been to tell her, we'll dance later, knowing she'd forget about it.  But why?  How many times will we really have, really, that Remi will want to dance with us?  This baby girl loves to dance and time is flying too quickly as it is.  One of my favorite moments was Sunday, in our kitchen, Dusty holding Kanon and me holding Remi, dancing so horribly, but listening to our babies giggle.  I don't ever want to forget that moment.  

Hold onto your babies.  Give in to their demands when you can.  What does it hurt?  You won't regret it in 5 years, I promise you that. 

Comments