Let's get pregnant...

One week...7 days.  That's all.  Only 1 week has passed since our IUI procedure.  It feels like much longer than a week. 

Last Friday, Dusty and I went in for the IUI procedure.  Dusty did his thing, and we got to the clinic at 9:00 to drop off his part of this process.  Then, we had an hour to spend before it was time for the IUI procedure.  I tried my best to not focus on how unfair it is to have to go to the doctor to get pregnant.  There is nothing intimate about it, nothing beautiful, nothing like that at all.  Dusty's in the bathroom doing his thing, and then an hour or so later, a doctor is going to take that, put it in me, in order to help us try to get pregnant.  It makes the whole process feel cold and distant.  So...to try to keep from dwelling on that, Dusty and I went to Walmart (of course), because we had to pick up dog food for the pups {man, those little guys burn through the food, haha!!}, and then went to Petsmart so I could get filter cartridges for my fish tank filter.  Then, we headed back to the clinic for the IUI. 

The actual IUI procedure wasn't too bad.  There was a little bit of pain, but nothing compared to the HSG test.  As I told the doctor, it would be well worth it if we get pregnant.  The doctor and his nurse were great!  As we handed Dusty's sample to the nurse, she said something like, alright, we'll see you in an hour to get you pregnant.  Then, as we were getting ready for the IUI procedure, the doctor said, let's make this work, there is no reason why this can't work the first time.  I really appreciated the positive thoughts, and I pray they helped! 

The IUI procedure only took about 5 minutes, and then they had me stay on the table for 20 minutes before leaving.  I didn't know how I would feel afterwards, so I stayed home for the rest of the day.  Dusty headed into work and I laid on the couch watching past episodes of Scandal, Grey's & Lost. 

In the week since the procedure, I have felt great.  I haven't had any cramping or any side effects.  I hope that isn't a bad sign!  I've been exhausted, but I figured that's just the stress and anxiety of the last week's activity catching up with me. 

So...it's been a week, and I have 7 more days before I'm supposed to take a pregnancy test.  From what I've gathered, since the trigger shot I took was an HCG shot, which is the pregnancy hormone, if I were to take a pregnancy test now, it would be positive.  My 31st birthday is Wednesday.  I'm going to have a very hard time waiting until next Friday to take a pregnancy test.  I may take a test on my birthday.  Wouldn't that be the best birthday present ever?!?!  I remember last year, I took a pregnancy test on my birthday.  That was a very depressing day.  I remember wondering how in the world I was turning 30 and childless.  I hope and pray this birthday is better.

I probably won't blog about my results, positive or negative, for a while, because Dusty and I want to be able to tell our family together, if we are blessed enough to be pregnant.  I'm so sorry, guys, but I know you guys understand.  In the meantime, I'll try to find other things to blog about that aren't boring.  :) 

Comments

Post a Comment