2013...The Highlights

Can you believe 2013 is over already?  It absolutely flew by.  What a year it was.  Although this year was filled with heartbreak and disappointment, there were also some good times.  Here's the highlights of our year.

We started the year and, like all other years, my life was pretty much consumed by work from January until the end of April.  So...skipping forward...

In the middle of April, I surprised Dusty by having his family surprise him by coming down to join him for the heart walk.  This may have been one of the best highlights of my entire year.  Dusty had no idea his family was coming down, and his sister, Darcie, and her husband, along with their son and two nieces showed up, had the kiddos ring the doorbell, and surprise Dusty.  Then about 30 minutes later, Dusty's mom, sister Autumn, her husband and daughter showed up and surprised him again!  The video below is the video I took of Dusty opening the door to see his nieces and nephew (please excuse my horribly annoying laugh).



April ended with Dusty and I spending a long weekend in Little Rock watching Summer dance in Talent on Parade's regional competition, in which she took the TOP Entertainer award.  Summer would later in the year win TOP's overall grand national championship, which was incredible!  She's such an amazing dancer, and is so blessed with talent. 

In June, we had our 2nd annual sibling weekend with Dusty's family at the Lake of the Ozarks.  Let me tell you, that is always a crazy fun weekend!!  Dusty and I get the chance to spend time with his family, which includes 3 nieces and 1 nephew, and it is a blast!  There were 12 of us staying in one condo (it did have 5 bedrooms & 3 bathrooms), and it was so much fun.  Hopefully we'll eventually have some kids to add to the mix.

In July, Dusty and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary by taking a vacation to Aruba.  This was such an amazing trip.  Our friend and travel agent, Beach Bum Sarah, picked an amazing resort for us and we were able to relax and just enjoy each other.  While in Aruba, we made great friends, Theresa and Anthony, who live in NYC.  We had a blast with them, and plan to visit them in NYC in 2014. 

In August, we adopted two adorable puppies, Banjo and Winston!  They are so much fun!!  Dusty and I just love coming home and playing with them every night. 

In September, all of my family ended up being home around my birthday, so I was blessed enough to celebrate my 31st birthday with all of my family at our new house.  It was so great to spend my birthday with everyone at our new house.  Also in September, Dusty and I traveled to Vegas to the Straight No Chaser - Chaser Summit.  We met great friends there (Patrice, I'm looking at you) that I know we'll have for many years!  We're very much looking forward to the 2014 Summit to reconnect with all of the friends we made in Las Vegas. 

In October, we took a quick weekend trip to take Dusty's mom to an SNC concert in Omaha for her birthday.  We had a great, but short, visit with his family.

In November, Dusty and I went to Nashville to see SNC in concert at the Ryman.  We have always talked about going to Nashville for a long weekend, so when SNC was playing at the Ryman, we figured that was the perfect opportunity.  While there, we met some other fabulous Chasers, two of which live in Nashville, and three Chasers that had flown down from New Jersey to see SNC!  We ended up hanging out with them and having dinner with our Chaser friends both nights we were in Nashville. 

December concluded with one more SNC road trip, this time to Evansville, Indiana.  Unfortunately, because of the stupid winter weather, we didn't make it up to see Dusty's family for Chistmas, which was sad, but I am thankful that we spent time with them a few other times this year.  Dusty and I spent Christmas morning together, and then visited his aunt's Christmas evening and spent a couple of hours playing games and hanging out with his family that lives down here near us.  We celebrated Christmas with most of my family on New Year's Day, so our Christmas has felt like it's last a while, which is ok with me, it is one of my favorite times of the year (although this year was pretty tough). 

So, that was our 2013 in a nutshell.  I'm sure there are other highlights that I have left out, since the idea for this post started about 30 minutes ago!  :) 

I promise I'm not trying to keep anyone in the dark about our TTC status, and I will post an update soon.  The truth is, I'm not really sure what the status is right now, and as soon as I know, I'll share.  And before anyone wonders, no, unfortunately I'm not pregnant. 

Comments

  1. Watching the video makes me feel like we need to visit again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely!! That would be great. Miss you all. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment