Waiting Game...

So...how's it going?  Good?  That's good...how am I?  Oh, you know, just sitting here...still trying to get pregnant. 

I'm long overdue for posting an update about what's going on in my TTC world.  So...since I last updated, which was after my 2nd failed IUI, Dusty and I decided we wanted to take one cycle off.  Well...that cycle ended up being around 45 days long.  I have no idea why.  My doctor doesn't know why.  We have no idea what's going on.  So, when I finally did start again, after taking one cycle off, I called my doctor and we hoped to do another IUI this cycle.  I went in for my first ultrasound a week ago Monday and had small follicles on both sides, but both were very small compared to where they should be at that point in my cycle.  Dr. P thought that may make sense given the longer cycles I've had recently, so she had me come back last Thursday for another ultrasound.  {By the way, sadly, I was talking to a friend who recently had a transvaginal ultrasound, and realized that I've completely lost track of how many I've had.  If I thought about it, I could probably figure it out, but as I was having that conversation with her, I realized I have no idea.}  Well, my follicles really hadn't grown at all as of last Thursday.  So, Dr. P had me test to see if I ovulated over the weekend, which I didn't.  I called her nurse yesterday and told her I didn't get a positive ovulation detection over the weekend.  So...no IUI this cycle. 

The nurse told me there is a small chance I may ovulate in the next few days, but it's not likely.  She then told me if I didn't start by cycle day 35 to call and get yet another prescription to get my period to start.  I don't understand what is going on with my body.  It scares me.  It just is bizarre how my cycles have become so long since our first IUI try.  It doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, that is an update in our TTC journey right now.  I really don't know what will happen, given it is my busiest time at work, and I can't take much time off.  I could always make time for the ultrasounds, but the actually IUI procedure takes a few hours and honestly, we aren't supposed to take any time off between January and April 15th.  Being completely honest, my boss would understand and it probably wouldn't be an issue, but how many times can I say, yeah, Dusty and I are trying to get pregnant, like, literally, tomorrow, so I need a few hours off.  *sigh*  I just don't know what will happen over the next few months.  I hope as we are at the point where we need to make decisions, what we should do will be clear to us.

Comments