Tears

We were supposed to be gearing up for IUI #4 tomorrow.  This was going to be the cycle it worked, since we had already made a backup plan to consult with the RE clinic if it didn't work.  So, that being planned, I figured maybe this cycle would work and we'd get to cancel that referral.  It seems like nothing ever works out the way it should when I try to plan ahead, so I hoped this time it would work out for the better.

Well, apparently my body hates me and had other plans. 

I had my CD14 scan yesterday.  On Tuesday, there was one small follicle on my left side (again...not ideal, but we were going with it), so we checked again yesterday and the one follicle I had decided to stay the same size.  No growth...at all. 

It took Dr. H a while to find my left ovary and when he did, it was evident pretty quickly that there wasn't much going on.  It's kind of crazy how I've learned to recognize the obscure shapes in the ultrasound display.  Dr. H measured it, and as we suspected, it hadn't changed since Tuesday.  It was around 11mm, and to be triggered and do IUI, we want it to be around 18mm at a minimum.  It was nowhere close. 

Laying there waiting for Dr. H to measure it once he found it, I felt something that's not ever happened in the doctor's office, a tear rolled down my cheek.  The disappointment just became too much.  I quickly wiped it away as I was sitting up.  Dr. H and I discussed what was next, and he said they would send a text to the nurse practitioner from the RE's clinic that I have been referred to and would let me know something in the next week.  I have to say, I just love Dr. H.  He and his wife struggled with infertility too, so I feel like he really knows how this feels (as much as possible, from a guy's standpoint, anyway).  Dr. H could see I was disappointed and gave me a hug as he was leaving.  I am very fortunate to go to a clinic where the doctors actually care. 

So, this cycle was another failure. 

Comments