A Chandler & Paisley Sky

If you are reading this, then you see that I've changed my blog look.  I wanted to change it to be something less about me, and more about our babies.  So, I asked Faith at A Design of Faith to give me something new and I absolutely love it!

So...what is "a Chandler & Paisley sky" and what does it mean? 

While we were still pregnant, Dusty's friend and former co-worker, Julie, would send Dusty pics of the sky when it was pink and blue and would tell him it reminded her of our babies.  We loved that.   It made us smile and loved seeing little reminders of our babies.  Since we've lost our babies, that reminder has meant even more to us than it did before, than it ever would have before. 

One of my first days back to work, I was still home getting ready, and Dusty was on his way to work.  He looked at the sky, and saw it was pink and blue.  He sent me the picture and called it a Chandler and Paisley sky.  I didn't leave the house for a few more minutes, and when I did, the sky had already changed and I missed it.  However; that night, on my way home from work, our beautiful angels had painted the sky pink and blue for us again, so I could see it too.  I called my mom and told her to look towards the sky and told her it was a Chandler and Paisley sky.  She told me our babies are telling us hi and that they are ok.  I think so too.

That same day, Dusty got a message from Julie who saw both the morning and evening skies.  She told him that when she walked out the door from her office, she literally said, Oh Dusty and Michelle, as she saw the sky. 

Since that day, we've shared on facebook about seeing our babies' sky.  I can't even tell you the number of friends that have shared with us pictures and messages about seeing a Chandler and Paisley sky and how, every time the sky looks like that, they think of our babies.  We've had friends from Florida, NYC, Arizona, Michigan, Texas, and all points in between tell us they had a Chandler & Paisley sky and they thought of our babies. 

This touches our hearts so much.  Our babies were here but for such a short period of time, and to know that they are loved and remembered by so many means so much to us.  We can't even describe it.  It's our sense of pride of our children, I guess, to know others think of them, and remember those sweet babies. 

Comments

Post a Comment