22w1d

Today, I am 22 weeks and 1 day pregnant.  That is 1 day further than I made it with Chandler and Paisley.  Yesterday was hard.  The days leading up to yesterday were hard.  I felt scared stiff almost.  I wanted to lay on my couch and not move, out of fear of something going wrong.  I am still trusting God through this, but there are still days where it is absolutely terrifying and hard to maintain that trust.  

That doesn't mean I don't trust God, it just means some days are hard.  The last few days were hard.  But, I still feel this confidence that I know is from all of the prayers of family and friends, and provided to me by God.  But, unfortunately, I'm still human.  

A couple of Sundays ago, our worship pastor read a verse out of Psalms, verse 56:3, which says, "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."  David's own words say that there were times when he was afraid.  If David was afraid, it shows us it's ok for us to be afraid as well.  That fear doesn't make us less of a Christian, after all, David was a man after God's own heart.  It just shows we are still human!

So, here I am, 22w1d pregnant.  More pregnant than I've ever been.  And I thank God for it every day.  

We are now 13 days away from our first mini-milestone, 24 weeks.  Honestly, the number I'm really focused on is 41.  41 days away from 28 weeks.  But, I am here, taking it one day at a time.  I can't do more than that.  I just can't.  I can't lose focus of the now.  

Thank you all for the prayers!

Comments

  1. Hello. I have not been reading your blog for very long and I usually do not comment. I just wanted to remind you that as the Bible states "David was a man after God's own heart." If God could love, protect and guide David with all of his sin and flaws then God can surely do the same for you and me. I am praising Him for your progress so far and praying fervently that your heart's desire will be realized. Even though we do not know each other we are sisters in Christ. I look forward to continuing to follow your blog and pray for you and your husband a peace that only God can give.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got this!! Always praying for y'all! ����

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers continue for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continued prayers - I just have such a good feeling, and cannot wait to "meet" your little ones! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment