62 Entries...

Holy smokes!  62 entries in my medical file at my doctor's office!!

Last week, we had an appointment to meet with a nurse to discuss family medical history, our medical history, meeting with the finance department, and blood work.  It's a little surreal that we're moving on to this phase! 

At the beginning of our meeting with the nurse, she started off by just asking me to tell her about our journey.  She then said, I could read through it, but I like to hear from you instead, and...you have 62 entries. 

Wow...I knew I had been to the doctor a ton, but 62 entries was shocking to me.  I probably started seeing my doctor at that office about 7 or 8 years ago, so let's just say there were 10 entries for my regular annual exams.  That leaves 52 entries since we started our infertility journey April, 2013!  That's the equivalent of going to the doctor once a week for an entire year!  Goodness!  That's a lot! 

I have a TTC instagram account, and recently, one of the girls that I follow posted about being hurt that she'd lost followers since getting her BFP.  She then went on to comment and said something along the lines of, it isn't like we just did IVF once and got pregnant...wow.  I was really shocked to read something like that.  Even doing IVF once is such a difficult journey, and for somebody who has been through that journey to post something like that was absolutely mind-blowing to me!  I understand I have only done IVF once, and did get my BFP, but I have 50+ trips to the doctor to prove that doing IVF once and getting pregnant is no easy task! 

Anyway!!  Enough about that! 

So, how have I been feeling?  Well, morning sickness should be just called sickness!  I have nausea off and on, all day long!  The only time it usually goes away is in the evening for a couple of hours.  I've been using preggie pops, which have been great, except the ginger flavor, it was awful!  Then when we saw the nurse last week, she wrote a prescription for Zofran for me.  I've tried to use it only on my very worst days, and it is great!!  Thank goodness for drugs.  :) 

I'm also extremely exhausted!  I can't believe how tired I am.  I try to go to bed around 8:00 or 8:30 every night just to combat the exhaustion I feel every single day. 

My back is killing me!  Along with my hips.  I know it's because I weigh too much already.  As the nurse pointed out, going through all of the infertility meds that I did caused me to put on so much weight over the last year, and I'm feeling it.  Dusty and I have begun walking in the evenings to try to help strengthen my mucsels and hopefully help my back and hip pains.  It's way too early to already feel like this!!

I'm also already showing!  I'm dreading when others start noticing and I'm running out of clothes that fit!  Just this morning, I went through 3 dresses just to find one that didn't just absolutely scream, "look at my belly!!!!!!"  I'm also at the point where I don't really look pregnant, and instead, just fatter.  It's lovely, haha! 

We have our 3rd ultrasound tomorrow.  I'm right at 9 weeks today.  I can't believe that I'm only 3 weeks from the end of the first trimester!  It has absolutely flown by.  We can't wait to see our babies tomorrow!

Comments

  1. Enjoy that doctor visit. Always so awesome to hear the heartbeats and see them on an ultrasound. So reassuring. Continued prayers being sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I really appreciate your prayers & comments!

      Delete

Post a Comment