We Have Heartbeats!!

Wow!  What an amazing feeling,to hear our babies heartbeats!  It was just incredible!  This whole process has been so surreal.  I mean, just to imagine how our babies were made, it just blows my mind.  My eggs were taken from my body, then fertilized with Dusty's part, grown in a petri dish for 3 days, and then two were transferred back to me, and now, they have heartbeats!!  Just wow! 

We got to our appointment and were taken back to see the ultrasound tech.  She then said something like, so, last time, there was a question whether or not there were two.  I was like, oh, I don't think it was a question, there were definitely two sacs!  Haha!  Then, she asked how far along I was and of course, it was decided I'd have yet another vaginal ultrasound.  (I seriously can't count how many I've had.....sadly) 

When she first brought them up on the screen, she said asked me if they actually saw anything in the sacs last time.  This immediately had me freaking out inside, as my first thought was they were somehow both blighted ovums (which is when a fertilized egg implants but doesn't develop into an embryo).  Then, I saw a slight "something" in one sac, and she then labeled it Baby A.  We then heard the heartbeat loud and clear.  That was such an amazing moment.  I just can't even describe it.  We've waited so long, and have gone through so much, and it is finally happening. 

However much I had told myself leading up to this ultrasound that I would be happy with just one, I was still concerned about the other sac, as we couldn't really see much in that sac.  It is incredible what the techs can pick up on because I couldn't see anything, but she moved the wand around and got a better angle and showed us that Baby B was just tucked up behind his or her brother/sister.  She then tried to measure it's heartbeat and we didn't hear anything.  This really wasn't helping my worry!!  She adjusted the wand again, said she saw a little flicker, and had me hold my breath to measure the heart beat again.  Again, I didn't hear anything, and even said, I don't hear anything.  She then used the machine to actually measure the beats per minute and showed us that Baby B's heart was beating at 121 BMP.  She also mentioned and showed me that my right ovary is still very enlarged.  My left had gone back to its normal size, but I'm not sure what is going on with the right.

I have two babies with beating hearts in me!  It is just mind blowing!  I thank God for these two tiny miracles. 

 
After our ultrasound, we then saw Dr. H.  He came into our room with this look of pure happiness and excitement for us on his face!  As I've mentioned before, he and his wife (another one of my doctors) also went through IVF to have at least 2 of their children, and it is so refreshing to know he knows exactly how we feel!  He, of course, congratulated us, shared in our joy, and told us that everything on the scan looked good and their heart rates were good and in the normal range for how far along I am. 
 
We go back in a little less than 2 weeks for bloodwork and to discuss financials, yippie, lol!  Then, Dr. H wants to see us back about a week after that for another ultrasound. 
 
 
This is happening!!  We're pregnant!!  We're so excited!  
 

Comments

  1. I cannot tell you how excited I am to be reading this! i'm just so happy we are finally celebrating two tiny little babies growing inside you! You're gonna be a mommy!!!! Times two!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good golly fantastic news!! Wow! God is so good!! I wish I could give you a hug in person as I'm so excited for you both. What a great weekend you will have. Many happy blessings and you get virtual hugs instead (( )) (( ))!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I really appreciate you following and the virtual hugs!! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment