Bleeding at 12 weeks - scared to death!

I feel like I've been living my life the past few weeks completely scared...and last Thursday was no different.  First, we've been dealing with the issues at Dusty's job, which has been terrifying for me.  Then, on Thursday, I had an entirely different kind of scare.

I went to the bathroom (for, you know, the 50th time that morning), and when I wiped, the tissue was COVERED in blood.  I instantly started shaking and kept wiping and the tissue just kept being soaked by blood.  I just knew I had lost the babies.  I instantly started praying, and stuffed a bunch of TP in my underwear and rushed back into my office to go grab my purse, phone and keys and go to the doctor's office.  My boss and I were supposed to leave in about 5 minutes to meet with a prospect for lunch, so I stuck my head in his office and told him I had to go to the hospital.  I'm sure I looked scared to death and completely panicked.  Well, my boss is awesome, and instantly hung up on the person he was talking to, grabbed his phone and keys, and took my to my doctor's clinic about 5 minutes from my office. 

I didn't even want to tell Dusty...Thursday was a huge day for him, as he had his first of two big "tests" and I didn't want to distract him or worry him or anything.  Well, my boss told me to call Dusty on the way there, so I did, and I told him he didn't need to come to the office, to just keep working. I figured there was nothing Dusty could do about it at that point anyway, and right now, with all the pressure of his job, I didn't think he needed to be away. 

I got into the clinic and walked up to the window and just blurted out that I was 12 weeks pregnant and just started bleeding very heavily.  The girl at the window asked if I had called the nurse.  My first thought was, are you crazy?  Why would I call the nurse and wait for her to call me back 4 hours later?  But, instead, I just said, no, I work about 5 minutes from here and I just came straight over.  She had me sign in and pulled my chart. 

A minute or two later, I heard a nurse come into the room where the receptionists sit and I heard the receptionist give her my chart and say something like, 12 weeks with twins.  I looked back and saw it was Dr. P's nurse and I was so glad she was the doctor in that day.  (side note - I went to the clinic close to my office, with is a satellite clinic and only one doctor is there each day).  I was called back a few minutes later.  They took my weight and blood pressure.  I didn't even check to see what I weighed, it was the last thing on my mind, but wanted to make sure I knew what my blood pressure was, which was 140 over 80, not surprising.  Then, I was led to the room to wait and wait...

I sat in the room for what seemed like forever, just praying over and over to God for our babies to be ok.  Finally, Dr. P came in and asked what was going on and got right to business with starting the ultrasound while asking me questions about any changes lately.  I, of course, couldn't think of any at the time, but then Dusty pointed out I had walked the dogs by myself one day and then I realized I've been much sicker lately, with throwing up all the time. 

We got the ultrasound on the babies and they were fine!  They waved at me. It was the best feeling in the world.  Thank God!  Dr. P decided it was a burst capillary that caused the bleeding and told me to take it easy for a few days. 

I then had another appointment the next day, which I'll post about soon.

As for Dusty's job...it's not looking good at all.  We are pretty sure that tomorrow, he wil find out he's been terminated.  I don't even know what we'll do, other than continue to apply for jobs and pray. 

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, my heart was in my throat reading this!!! I had a very similar incident carrying my son and learned I had placenta previa. It moved off when I was about seven months pregnant thank goodness but I absolutely know the terror in your heart. I'm praying hard for you both that this pregnancy continues to go smoothly and for Dusty's job. How dang scary and awful at the same time! God will provide, he always does, keep the faith. My husband lost his job (wasn't the first time in our marriage either) when our son was three months old. It's so many different emotions all at once so I know what you are going through and it's so much worse when you are pregnant. Hang in there though, try to keep your stress low cause those babies feel it when you are stressed. It'll be okay, everything happens for a reason.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment