My Hubby

I'm writing this post to brag on my husband for a few minutes.  :) 

I really do have the best husband in the world!  He has had an absolutely terrible past few weeks, yet has kept an amazing attitude.  During our entire IVF process, he was always the positive one.  I am not sure Dusty ever had any doubt about whether or not the IVF would work.  When my dad passed away four years ago, he was my rock.  I honestly don't know how I would have made it without him.  When his own father passed away 2 years ago, he was such a rock for his family, even through a lot of turmoil and other events.  I think his amazing attitude and constant support is what really makes me hate this job situation for him.  It absolutely isn't fair and couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. 

But, off the job thing, and back to bragging about my husband. 

After Dusty lost his job last week, I decided to cheer us up, we'd go register for baby stuff (gender neutral for the time being, of course) at Target.  We ate dinner, then headed to Target around 8:00.  When we parked, we saw that our good friends Chris and Mel were there, so we walked around Target until we found them.  We talked to them for a while, vented about work, discussed other stuff, then, started to register.  Well, Target, or at least our Target, is in-between registry hardware, and instead of the little scanner thing, they had this iPod touch in this case to make it look like a scanner deal.  So, I tried to set up the registry, and it turns out, Target's wifi sucks!  The stupid thing froze, and we got no where.  The next day, Dusty learned how to scan items into the registry from the Target app, so we went back to Target on Saturday, and spent about an hour walking around, figuring out what to register for. 

So, we got to the baby carrier section, and I said, we need two of these, one for you and one for me.  Dusty was like, I don't want one, I'm just going to carry our babies, all the time.  I tried to point out to him that eventually, he'd probably tire of carrying them and would want a carrier, but he was quite insistent that he won't ever tire of holding our babies.  It absolutely made my heart melt!

Also last week, I got my first maternity clothes in the mail.  I'd been putting off buying any because of Dusty's job situation, but when I was down to just a couple of things I could wear, I knew I needed to do something, so I ordered some from Macy's at a great sale price.  I put on my first maternity dress, and I swear to you, I instantly looked so much more pregnant than when I had on normal clothes (pretty much just looked fat in those...).  I don't think Dusty stopped smiling for a good 5 minutes after I put on my dress.  I looked at him and said something like, well, I definitely look pregnant.  Dusty smiled at me and said, I love it!  What a sweetie!

I seriously do have such an amazing husband, and I pray to God that God takes care of him, and us, and his spirits during this very trying time. 

Comments

  1. Sounds like you scored a gem, very happy for you. Praying that something works out for his job situation. We've been in your shoes as my husband lost his job when my son was only about three months old. It was so awful. All I know is that it got better, he found something else. But it sure was difficult. Good luck to him!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment