it's been...one week

It's been one week since my IUI.  I'm smack dab in the middle of my two week wait.  The "2ww" is horrible.  It is such a mixed bag of emotions in my head during that time.  I want to be hopeful, but I don't want to get my hopes up.  I want to think positively, but I don't want to be crushed if the results are negative.  I want to think there is an embryo developing in my uterus, but then again, I don't want to think that so when there isn't, I didn't really think there ever was.  In other words, the 2ww sucks!

My IUI went well.  I realized as I was sitting on the table waiting for the doctor that I hadn't worried about it hurting, nor had I even thought about that until that moment.  When I realized that, I just thought, wow...something that not too long ago I stressed about until the point where I felt sick, hadn't even crossed my mind until the minutes before my IUI.  Maybe I was too worried about Dusty having to give me a shot to think about it! 

That did have me slightly worried.  Dusty did great, though.  Sunday morning, in the middle of making pancakes for Dusty, Summer and myself, I loaded up the needle (years of doing this for Dad to give shots to the cattle came in handy!), and then Dusty gave me the shot.  I don't know why, but I bled when he gave me the shot.  And as I felt it trickle down my skin, I was trying to figure out whether it was alcohol or blood.  Well, Dusty wiped it with a cotton ball before putting the band-aid on me, and let me tell you, when I saw it was blood, I nearly passed out!  I felt the blood rush out of my head and the cold sweat start to break out down my back.  My vision started to get a little blurry as I started to flip a pancake, and I realized I was about to pass out.  I asked Dusty to turn the pancakes and laid down for a couple of minutes.  After laying down for a short time, I was fine, but dang!  I just can't take the sight of my own blood, I guess.  I'm such a sissy.

So, that was Sunday morning.  I quickly recovered in time to enjoy pancakes with my niece.  Dusty and I asked her lots of questions about dance, and just loved our conversation with her.  She talks so adult-like for a 10 year old! 

Monday, I went to work for part of the day, and then left around 1:00 to run an errand and then meet Dusty at home to head to the clinic.  Dr. H came in and said Dusty's numbers looked great {yay}, and then we started the IUI.  It was more painful than usual.  Dr. H warned me I was about to cramp and boy, was he right!  Right when he said it, I felt pretty strong cramps and hurt for the rest of the procedure, which was only a couple of minutes at most. 

Afterwards, we headed home (after laying on the table for 20 minutes, of course), and I took the rest of the day off and chilled on the couch.  I had pretty strong cramping the rest of the day, and even the next day at work.  That was tough!  I was walking around like a little old lady, bent over from the cramps keeping me from straightening up.  Luckily, everyone just thought I wasn't feeling well and didn't really ask me anything about it!!  Thank goodness! 

So, that brings us back to being in the middle of the 2ww.  We'll see what happens. 

Comments