Third time's the...3rd failure

It didn't work...again. 

I don't know why I'm depressed about it, there was such a small chance it would work anyway, given the blocked tube issue, but I still am. 

This next part is probably TMI, so if you don't want to read further, you've been warned.  I had a small amount of spotting on Thursday night.  It honestly surprised me to see that small amount of blood that I actually said out loud (in my hotel room, by myself), "What is that?!?"  I was only at CD26, and having my last 4 cycles be around an average of 38 days, I didn't even consider I could be getting ready to start.  So, I do what all crazy people do, and instantly started googling implantation bleeding and by the time I went to bed Thursday night, I had myself convinced that was what was happening. 

Friday morning I woke up to a slight bit more bleeding, but still not much at all.  So of course, I googled whether or not implantation bleeding could get heavier, and found it could, so I was still thinking I was ok. 

Then...it just got heavier throughout the day, and the cramping became more severe.  My mood went downhill pretty quickly.  I was at a client's office and was trying to get work done, and didn't even think until 12:00 that I should call the doctor's office to let them know I was starting and needed a refill for clomid, since I'd have to start taking it on Sunday.  Thankfully, I remembered, and called and left a message for Dr. S's nurse.  Her nurse called me a couple of hours later, and I explained to her how my cycles had been getting longer and that the last time I saw Dr. S, she wanted me to call when I knew the result of the latest IUI.  So, her nurse said she'd talk to Dr. S and get back to me. 

A couple of hours later, her nurse called me back.  Basically, we're going to go ahead and set up a consultation with the RE from Little Rock, but because that will take a few weeks, we're going to do another IUI in the mean time.  As the nurse said, worst case scenario, we get pregnant and have to cancel the consultation. 

So...here we go again...

Comments