20 Week Update

Wow!  Here I am, 20 weeks pregnant!  I almost can't believe it!  The first 20 weeks have flown by.  I almost hesitate to write that, hoping I don't jinx myself and make the last 20 (or however many I go) crawl by. 

Dusty and I went to my 20 week ultrasound last Monday, a week early.  This was our "big" ultrasound, which I'd had several people ask me about, but didn't actually understand what that meant or entailed.  I learned it meant lots of measuring!  Thankfully, everything was measuring great and they did not see any concerns.  We also confirmed that Baby A is a boy and Baby B is a girl!  I had a slight worry that we'd get to this ultrasound and find out Baby B was actually a boy, after we'd finished our registry and everything! 

Baby A was measuring 19 weeks and 4 days, and his heart beat was 159.  He would move from his side to his back during the ultrasound, and at one point, decided to show off his feet to us, or at least one foot.  I think he has his daddy's feet, as they looked huge!!  We were joking about how big his feet looked and the ultrasound tech was like, yep, but they are only about a centimeter long.  Absolutely crazy!! 

Here is Bitty -

 
Baby B is quite hilarious!  She is measuring 19 weeks 1 day, and her heart rate was 145.  She laid with her feet up in front of her face the entire time!  At one point, it looked like she kicked herself in her head and then rubbed her head with her hand!  It was so adorable!  She is definitely flexible, for now!  Not sure where she gets that though!  Haha! 
 
Here is Itty -
 
 
I still haven't felt them kick and known for sure it was them.  It's really crazy to see them on the ultrasound moving around but not feel it!  I can't wait until I feel them for sure.  As far as how I'm feeling, I still have nausea every once in a while.  It seems to go away for a few days, and then I'll randomly get sick.  It doesn't seem like eating certain things drives it, as I can't really narrow down anything I've eaten that caused it.  My cravings haven't been too crazy so far.  I did crave orange sherbet very randomly one evening last week.  Luckily, my husband is amazing and we have a neighborhood market close to the house!  Dusty has been tracking my cravings throughout the pregnancy, and there haven't been too many.  I think the first was gummy worms, which resulted in me buying a huge bag and then getting tired of them pretty quickly!  That's probably the oddest craving at this point! 
 
I'm still having a constant stuffy nose, which I've had pretty much the entire pregnancy.  It's now also a constant bloody nose when I blow my nose.  That is getting annoying!  My pregnancy acne is terrible, which is also annoying.  Sadly, sleeping is already getting tough, as it's hard to get comfortable.  Thank goodness my sister-in-law got me a body pillow for my birthday.  That has really helped me sleep better at night.  I haven't been sleeping very well, and wake up a lot during the night (mostly to go to the bathroom), but the pillow helps so much!  However; all of this will be more than worth it when we have our two babies in our arms! 
 
Here is a pic of me from Saturday.  I finally bought a few more maternity clothes and absolutely love the jeans I bought!  So comfy!  My work threw us a shower on Saturday and I didn't want to wear the same "office" maternity clothes I've been rotating each day for the last few weeks.   
 
 
I'll post a blog update revealing their names and all about my work shower very soon!  And lastly, one last picture of the Bitties!  Just love them so much!
 
 





Comments

  1. You look great!!! So exciting and so happy for you that things are progressing along well! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment