Chandler & Paisley's Due Date...One Year Later

One year ago would have been 40 weeks for Chandler & Paisley.  Wow.  It's honestly so hard to believe.  I knew we'd never make it to 40 weeks, but this date is still one of their dates.  It is still something we will always associate with them.  

A very sweet friend reached out and messaged me earlier today, letting me know she was thinking of us on their due date.  That she remembered...I just can't even describe what that means to us.  It brought me to tears.  

As I sit here today, I think about how I reconcile Kanon & Remi with Chandler & Paisley.  Kanon & Remi wouldn't be kicking me right this minute if Chandler & Paisley were here, which is so bittersweet.  Although I'm so excited for Chandler & Paisley's little brother and little sister, it is one of those moments where you realize that if Chandler & Paisley had been born, Kanon & Remi wouldn't be here, at this moment.  I fully believe no matter when we transferred Kanon & Remi, they would have become Kanon & Remi, so eventually, we would have had another set of twins, just not this soon.  

I can only imagine what a year of our Chandler and Paisley would be like.  They'd be getting so big, and running around getting into things at the house.  We would have had their first birthday party by now.  They'd love sweets, with Dusty and me as their parents, there is absolutely no way they wouldn't love sweets.  

Dusty and I talk all the time about how they would love our dogs, and how we could just see them standing at the back door pounding the glass, playing with Banjo and Winston.  Dust wanted so badly to wrestle with them and play on our living room floor, letting them crawl and jump all over him.  I would have loved to have sat and watched that for hours.  

I picture them both blonde, with Paisley having hair about to her shoulders by now.  Chandler would be starting to get bigger than his sister, taller, and starting to pull ahead slightly in size.  I picture their blue eyes (I still think they would probably have been blue, but maybe green...how Dust and I wish we knew).  Most of all, I wish Dusty and I could hear them talk, say Mommy and Daddy, experience their cries, their giggles and their snuggles.  

Oh how much we miss our Bitties.  


Comments