Twenty-eight Weeks!!!!!

TWENTY-EIGHT WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We made it to 28 weeks!   Yay!  I am so excited.  I can hardly believe it!  It’s such a big milestone for the babies’ development, and Dusty and I are so thankful that we have made it this far.  Of course, we continue to pray God allows me to carry these babies as close to term as possible!

We had another growth scan last Wednesday, and my mom got to come as well!  It was really fun sharing the ultrasound time with her!  We got to see a 3d of our little boy, but our little girl was tucked down by my bladder and facing my spine.  Towards the end of the appointment, we got to see her legs up by her brother’s, but that was it.  Silly girl.  Sassy just like her sister!

The babies are doing great.  Their measurements are right in line with where they should be.  Our little boy is measuring a week ahead, but is only measuring 1 oz bigger than his sister at 2 pounds 7 ounces.  He must be a long, skinny boy!  And of course, our little girl is measuring 2 pounds 6 ounces.  Their heartbeats sounded great, and thank God, everything looked good!  We didn’t measure me, so I don’t know what I’m measuring at this point.  I did gain another pound from the week before, but I’m perfectly fine with that.  The babies are growing and getting big!

Dr. H did ask me if I was having contractions and said he wouldn’t be surprised if I was and maybe just not feeling them yet.  That really kind of threw me for a loop.  He said it would be perfectly normal if I was, and if I had more than 5 an hour, to go in.  Honestly, my PTSD surrounding contractions is terrible.  I missed contractions with Chandler and Paisley and I’m so scared I’m going to miss them with these babies.  I did have a long discussion with the nurse from my insurance’s Future Mom’s program regarding what contractions feel like, and I’m trying to be more aware and cautious, but I’m still so scared.  I’m praying I’ll know what to do when the time comes. 

My next appointment isn’t until February 29th.  I’m anxious to know what I’ll be measuring then, given I’m so far ahead as it is!!  I’ll be 30 weeks then, so I’m going to say I’ll be measuring 39 weeks at that point.  We’ll see! 


I’ll update soon with the babies’ names.  I realized as I was typing this I still haven’t done so, even though we’ve known their names since well before transfer day!  

And lastly, a couple of pics from the last two weeks.  I don't know if it was the outfit or if my bump really grew that much over the course of a week!!!



Comments

  1. Yeah for 28 weeks! I'm not even sure how I found your blog, but I've been a lurker for awhile, and have been praying for you. I am a Mom to twins (both girls) who are now adults. I carried them until 35 weeks, when my body said enough. At 32 weeks, I went in for my weekly check and my MD said, so how long have you been having contractions - ha, I had no idea I was having them! I was admitted and they were able to stop the labor. Continued prayers and blessings to you, and enjoy this time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such awesome news and so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you and you look AAAAMMMazing! Lots of prayers and love being sent your way from Mexico!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment