What is this world coming to?

***warning***this post is going to discuss current violence in the world.  If you don't want to be saddened, disturbed, or angered, please don't read further.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
In the past 24 hours, I have seen three absolutely horrific stories.  Three things that have made me absolutely sick.  Three things that have caused me to stop and pray, and fight tears, and honestly, to beg the Lord to please come back.

The first, a mother was pulled over for drunk driving, and the trooper noticed her child in the backseat, covered in vomit and sitting in a dirty diaper.  Thank God that trouper took the baby, and bathed the baby, and the baby is now in the care of child protective services.  

The second, a stupid, awful, mean grown man asked his girlfriend's 2 year old son to put up his fists and then proceeded to punch him in the chest so hard, the poor, sweet child flew into a wall, his liver ruptured, and he died from internal injuries.  What kind of sick, cruel, awful man does this?  

And...as if that wasn't bad enough, the last story was enough to put me over the edge.  The last story I read today made me stop in my tracks and beg Jesus to come back because this world is awful.  I read a story of a methhead and her boyfriend, who pumped her 10 year old daughter full of meth, then the mother let the boyfriend and friend sexually abuse and violently injure and ultimately murder her daughter.  And shows no remorse for it.  My God.  My God.  My stomach hurts thinking about this again.  

What is this world coming to?  These horrific stories are happening more and more frequently, and each one rocks me to my core.  What is wrong with people?  What will it take for people to change?  Will we ever get back what we once had?  Did we ever not have this type of violence, but now, with the ease of communication of news, we know about it more easily?  I don't have the answer. 

This scares me to death about the world we are exposing our kids to.  It makes me question how terrible it was for us to even bring our children into this terrible world.  It makes me want Jesus to come, so we can be a family in Heaven where these things won't happen.  It terrifies me and makes me so incredibly sad.  

Comments

  1. Right there with you. I hate the violent world we live in. It's so awful and you wonder what happened in their brains to do such awful and despicable things to young people. Just heartbreaking and I continue to pray for peace.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment