One Year Ago Today...

April 10th, 2013...

I don't know how I can remember that date so well.  Maybe because 10 is my favorite number?  I have no idea.  But, that date is the date that got the ball rolling on all this infertility stuff

Last year, I went to an annual appointment that if you had asked me a year earlier, would have been an OB appointment because I should have been pregnant.  See, in November 2011, I told Dr. P that before my next annual appointment, Dusty and I were going to start trying to have a baby.  She told me the time frame in which I should stop taking birth control, told me to start taking prenatal vitamins as soon as I stopped, and gave me her business card with her nurse's name written on it.  Dr. P told me as soon as I got a positive pregnancy test to call, and that she was so excited for me.  Funny, isn't it, how things never work like you think they will.  The other night, I was changing out purses & wallets and came across that same business card that she handed me that day 2 1/2 years ago with her nurse's name written on it.  I couldn't help but laugh at the irony, that I held onto that card so tightly, looking forward to calling to make that first OB appointment.  Ha.  Life, you are so funny...

A year passed, and November 2012 rolled around, which was when I should have had my next annual appointment.  I thought, well, I'm going to be pregnant soon, so I'm not going to make an appointment.  As we all know, that didn't happen.  So, in late March 2013, I called and talked to Dr. P's nurse, yep, the same one I would have called if I'd gotten my BFP, and told her I was overdue for an annual and had delayed it thinking I would get pregnant, which hadn't happened, and asked if I needed to come in.  I was pretty surprised when she was able to get me in just a couple of weeks beyond the day I called her (it seems like it is usually at least a month).

I remember waiting for that appointment and being so worried Dr. P would tell me we needed to wait until we'd been trying for a year before we started testing (as it had only been 8 months).  Thank goodness she didn't.  I can't even imagine the frustration I would feel right now if we were 4 months behind in this process.  As it is, I can't believe a year ago, we started doing tests and trying to figure out why I wasn't pregnant and I've just had 3 IUIs and a couple of cycles with clomid.  That just doesn't seem like much for a year, but it sure felt like a lot as I was going through it.  I don't know what I'm going to do if I write a post in April 2015 and it doesn't include pictures of our IVF miracle.  Here's hoping and praying that isn't the case.   

Comments