Things People Say

I swear, if one more person talks to me about babies this week, I may scream!  Everywhere I turn, somebody is talking to me about babies.  It's hard to hold it in.  And by it, I mean screaming, crying, laughing, anything, really. 

A couple of my former co-workers have had babies in the last few months, one a couple of weeks ago, and one a few months ago.  Both of these former co-workers are working at current clients'.  They are both sweet as can be and I love them both dearly.  So, I feel guilty even saying this, but I have to vent, and that is one of the purposes of this blog, after all. 

One of our receptionists, who had been told about 18 months ago by me, personally, that Dusty and I were going to start trying to have children (and clearly, we haven't yet), asked me if I had a seen a picture of one of the babies that was just posted on Facebook.  I hadn't yet (hello, working 60+ hours, I don't have time), and said I had seen the baby in person.  She then preceded to try to make me walk over to her and look at the picture right at that very moment, to which I just walked away.  Honestly, I wanted to see the picture, and looked when I sat down in my office at my desk, but the thing is, I can't control my reactions very well right now and if I had burst into tears, I had no intent of explaining to her why. 

Then, as I was leaving for a client meeting with the other former coworker, another receptionist asked me if I had see this co-worker's baby and how she really hoped she would bring the baby up to the office.  *sigh*  I got on the elevator with my boss and told him that if another person talked to me about babies, I was going to scream!

That brings us to today.  Another boss, not the one that actually knows what is going on, asked me what Dusty and I were doing this weekend.  I told him we were going to the Razorback baseball game tomorrow, and then to see the Wizard of Oz on Sunday (thanks to my other boss!!).  He then goes on to tell me that "You and Dusty need to get kids, you do too much fun stuff, you need kids to keep you busy".  Thanks, M...you know what, the thought never occurred to me that we should have kids...I'll just go pick some up, they sell them at the mall, right?

UGH!

Comments

  1. GIrl, I'm sorry. I can only imagine how much that hurts. I know that each comment like those just tear you apart each time. I pray that at that whatever it is God is using this to teach you comes to fruition soon and that you are holding a precious baby in your arms as soon as possible!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, sweet friend. I hope and pray so too!

      Delete

Post a Comment