All about the Stims - IVF Part 3

Over the weekend, Dusty and I made a quick trip to Iowa for his sister's wedding.  The weather was absolutely perfect, and the wedding was beautiful.  We're so happy for them! 

In addition to the wedding, I also started my injections Saturday night.  Let me tell you, my husband is a trooper!  Not only did he spend time in the women's bathroom before the wedding helping calm down his niece before she walked down the aisle with her momma, but then, during the reception, we snuck out to the bathroom so Dusty could help me make sure I gave myself my first injection correctly!  He's the best!

I was so anxious!  I was definitely stressed the entire day worrying about giving myself a shot.  I shouldn't have been!  What a waste of stress!  It was easy!  We unpacked one of the boxes, took the syringe with fluid, and filled the other bottle that had the medicine in it.  Then, took out a different syringe and drew down 300 units of the medicine (gonal-f).  More than the pain of the needle, I was worried about hurting myself by putting the needle in too fast or too hard, so I ended up doing it pretty slowly, but it didn't hurt.  I must say, I was pretty proud of myself!  Haha! 

Since then, I have given myself 5 shots, and only one has hurt a tiny bit.  I've been moving around my tummy so it isn't all bruised in one spot, you know, have to spread out those bruises!  :)  Since both Dusty and I were out of town, but in different states, Tuesday night, I wanted to start off giving myself the shots so I wouldn't freak out when I had to, otherwise, Dusty would gladly be doing it for me. 

Below is a pic of the process.  Warning, there is a pic of the needle in my tummy, and, please excuse my bloated tummy!  I'm not skinny to begin with, so the bloating from the meds doesn't help at all!! 

 


 

 

Comments