IVF Step 2

I can't believe this week is here!!!  The good news, I'm still excited!  The even better news, this week is here and everything is getting kicked off this week!  We have our IVF class tomorrow, along with the trial transfer (with yet another doctor....sigh).  Then, on Saturday, we start our stims.  I can not wait!! 

I will admit, I've had a couple of slight freak out moments.  Thank goodness for my friend that has been through all this!!  I can't even tell you the number of random Facebook messages I have sent her over the last few weeks.

I realized last night that I wasn't sure if we had enough time to order the meds and get them before we leave for my husband's sister's wedding in Iowa on Friday morning.  I also realized that Sarah didn't have our prescription insurance information because my doctor's clinic doesn't have that.  So, I sent Sarah an email with a picture of my insurance card and also expressed my concerns about the timing of receiving the shipment of our meds.  Surprisingly, Sarah replied almost immediately and thanked me for sending the insurance information and said she thinks we can work it out so the meds are delivered on Thursday, or she will find a way to make it work!  I was so thankful for her quick response. 

Then, I started really reading through the packet of forms that we have to go over and sign (because I had only glanced at them before)...and let me tell you, that led to major freakout, serious life discussion!  In the forms was an advanced directive.  I did not think I'd be checking boxes stating what to do with me if I have to be kept alive through medical means.  I mean, whoa!  I freaked, had a discussion with Dusty about my wishes, then asked him wat his wishes were, and then cried.  Dusty reassured me and said that was just CYA (cover your a$$), and he's exactly right.  That helped, a lot! 

So, tomorrow afternoon, we will go to our local clinic & keep the ball rolling, yay! 

Comments

  1. I'm so glad things seem to be rolling along smoothly now!!! Prayers are working!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment