IVF Step 2 Part 2

We had our IVF class on Tuesday and it went perfectly!  We met with Sarah first and talked through the meds and went over our IVF calendar.  I'll start with 300 u of Gonal and take those injections starting tonight through Wednesday the 21st.  At that point, I will add Cetrotide.  I was pretty relieved when Sarah said I could take those two meds combined, in one injection!  I was seriously dreading two injections!

After that, we had blood tests done on both of us to check for any issues such as HIV.  Then, once our blood work was finished, I had an ultrasound to check my lining & ovaries, and then had the trial transfer, which felt pretty much like a pap smear.  All in all, Tuesday was pretty easy!!  

On Wednesday, I called the pharmacy to schedule the delivery of the injections, which were going to be delivered to my office Thursday before we left for Iowa Friday morning.  Well...everything was scheduled and I had a tracking number and it said the meds were shipped...until I got an email Thursday morning saying that due to a mechanical failure with the FedEx plane, my meds didn't ship Wednesday night.  I came very close to panicking!!  I called the pharmacy, who was awesome to work with, and had the meds redirected to my mother-in-law's house.  They were there waiting on us when we arrived last night, thank God!!  


I start the injections tonight.  I'll post again in a few days and let everyone know how that's going!!

Comments

  1. I know you are so excited to be starting this process! i'm praying for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment