Some good news!!

After starting to feel pretty panicked last week once I realized that Dusty and I both had several days out of town coming up in the next 8 weeks, I emailed our APN (last Wednesday).  The subject line "Starting 2nd Pack of Pills - Concerns about IVF Timing due to Travel" apparently caught her attention (about time....but anyway, I'm letting that go)!  I laid out all of our upcoming travel dates and who would be gone and told her that when we met with her in March and she asked if we had upcoming travel, we said no, because we thought we'd be much further along in the process by this point.  Our APN wrote back the same day and asked a little more about one of the weekends we are gone.  I replied immediately and told her more details about that weekend.  Well...after hearing nothing back from her since that first question, I emailed her back yesterday and asked if she can give me an estimated timeline for our IVF based on my response to her previous email.  Surprisingly, this morning, I heard back from her. 

In today's email, she asked if I would be ok with Dusty not being there for the transfer, as it looks like we are having our transfer June 1 or 2, which are days that Dusty was going to be in San Francisco for work (seriously, Dusty gets to go to San Francisco for work, I get to go to, oh, you know, St. Louis & Kansas City, which are fine, but they definitely aren't California!!).  Dusty and I talked and decided that he would talk to his boss about missing the San Francisco trip, and I would write Sarah (our APN) back and tell her that yes, we're ok with Dusty not being there, but that he's also going to try to get out of the work trip, however; if he can't, we don't want to wait any longer.  So, that's what I did.  And, surprisingly, I got another quick response from Sarah saying the calendar was being made to have us look at the timing to make sure it is acceptable, and she'd include options a & b, and we can discuss tonight and decide which is best for us!

So, that is where we sit!  I'm waiting anxiously for the email with the calendar timeline.  I can't believe we're finally moving!  It still feels like baby steps, but at least we're moving!!  I have felt completely stuck since the first part of April. 

Comments