Scans 1 & 2

So - since I started with steps, I guess this makes for step 4.

Today is my 8th night of stims.  It really has flown by up to this point.  Overall, I'm feeling pretty good.  Around Wednesday, I started feeling a lot of tingling in my ovaries, but no significant pain.  The last couple of days, however; have been a little different, with more pain & very bloated feeling, and I've just been very tired.  I must say, I'm very grateful this is happening over a long weekend so I can get plenty of rest!

On Thursday, I had my first scan.  I saw Dr. H and Dusty was with me at the appointment.  Dr. H is great because he & his wife (Dr. P) also went through the IVF process, so I feel like he has real empathy for what we're going with.  All & all, the appointment went very well.  I had a total of 11 follicles.  The right side was pretty busy, with follicles 8, 8, 8, 9, 10, 10, & 10.  The left had a little bit going on as well, with 4 follicles, measuring 7, 7, 8, & 9.  I heard back from Sarah Thursday night and started adding 1 vial of Cetrotide to my nightly injections.

Today was my 2nd ultrasound.  When Dr. T found my right ovary, the nurse was even like, whoa, you have a basketful (of eggs).  No kidding!  I sure did!  No wonder I have been feeling so bloated and tired, and in general, just a very full and pulling feeling around my ovaries.  My right side had follicles measuring 8, 10, 11, 11, 12, 12, 13, 13, & 15 and my left had follicles measuring 10, 10, 10, 11, 12, & 13.  WOW!  I'm very pleased with those numbers.  There were also several smaller ones on each side that Dr. T didn't even bother with measuring.  So, those numbers definitely explain how I've been feeling.  I literally slept on the couch nearly 3 hours yesterday afternoon.  I've just been absolutely exhausted.  I guess growing these eggs is hard work, haha!

I'm still giving myself the shots.  I'm sure Dusty would if I asked him to, but I've started, so I'll just keep going.  I would have been a pretty terrible nurse though, as I have my tummy completely bruised (see below)!  I also had a slight scare on Thursday night when I gave myself Cetrotide the first time.  Almost instantly, after giving myself that injection, I told Dusty that the site was kind of burning.  Then, a few minutes later, I decided to look at the injection site, and I had a large bright red hive at the injection site!!  I emailed Sarah about it and she wrote back very quickly and said that in her 10 years, I was just the 5th patient to have that "bee sting" reaction.  She described it perfectly, it felt and looked just like a bee sting.  She said it goes away soon and to take zyrtec before my shot the following nights, which has helped! 

I wish I had thought to get a picture of my basket full of eggs, but for now, here is my bruised and bloated tummy.  I'll try to snap a pic of my ultrasound when I go back Tuesday. 




 
Then, a short while ago, I heard back from Sarah and it looks like we are likely going to have our egg retrieval on Thursday and assuming a 5 day transfer, we'll go back on Tuesday for the transfer!!  Wow!  I can't wait!

Comments

  1. I'm with ya! Day 10 of my injectables ... Follistim and Menopur

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment