The Blog Bandwagon

Everyone's doing it, right?  It seems like everyone I know has a blog.  I'm a little behind on jumping on the blog bandwagon, but I tend to wait things out a while to see if I really want to do something or not before I dive in.  Just to prove my previous point, I didn’t even read Harry Potter until the summer the very last movie came out (see, I told you I wait things out). 

So…do I want to blog or not?  Here are the things that go through my head when thinking about that.

1.      Why should I blog now?  I’m boring, I’m an accountant, it doesn’t get much more boring than that
2.      Who would read my blog?
3.      I’ll wait until I have kids to blog, then it will be a great place for my family and friends to come read up on our lives
4.      Several friends have fantastic blogs, I don’t want to feel like I am trying to copy them, or trying to keep up with them
5.      And lastly, what in the world would I even blog about

Well, before I get into answering those questions, I’ll tell you a little more about myself.  I am a southern girl, although some would argue that.  I grew up in southern Missouri, and by southern, I mean, I could literally stand at one point in my home town and throw a rock and hit Oklahoma and Arkansas.  So, that being said, I claim to be a southern girl.  I am 30 years old (when did that happen???).  As I mentioned above, I’m an accountant, CPA to be precise (which I tend to do, being a CPA…).  I love everything Arkansas Razorback (WPS).  I have a fantastic family who I care so very much about, and the most wonderful husband anyone could ask for.  My husband and I have been together for nearly 12 ½ years!  We met my first year of college and have been inseparable since.

Now to answer the questions above…

1.  Why should I blog now.  Well, as I will go into more in later posts, my husband and I are trying to have children.  It isn’t working so well.  In updating his sisters about the recent tests and various other things, one suggested I blog about it.  I had been thinking about it anyway, and so I guess that was the little push that made me jump in and start this blog (and actually publish it). 

2.  Who would read it?  I don’t know.  But if it helps somebody else at some point, then that is good enough for me.

3.  See number 1…it’s not happening very timely

4.  Friends – know now I’m not going to be as good as you.  J

5.   Probably mostly TTC for now, and whatever else is going on in our lives at the time, and I pray to God that someday, I will blog about our beautiful children.

So…here goes.  Post number one is in the books!

Comments

  1. I love it! Your writing style is easy to read. You are not boring at all. I didn't read Harry Potter until the first movie came out and I absolutely refuse to read Fifty Shades of Gray. Yay for the strong-willed folks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to be following along. One thing I love about blogging is the memory book it's become for our lives. You'll look back some day when your house is filled with kids and be SO happy you documented this journey. Plus, it will be nice to report things one time and not have to repeat it over and over! You guys are in my prayers and I love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Yes, Darcie, I'm glad we are strong-willed!! Sarah - I agree, I thought it will be a nice way to document this journey. Love ya both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great first blog post Michelle. I look forward to reading more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment