Up to Speed

My last post left off with my normal MRI.  That was great news, of course!  I couldn't have all of the fun with having tests, so Dusty got in on the fun at this point.  Dusty got the dreaded cup and brown paper bag.  His test came back ok...not as good as it could have been, but not terrible, either.

After the HSG, MRI, blood work & Dusty's results, my doctor recommended clomid with IUI.  Well, IUI is around $700 each time, and not having insurance coverage for infertility, we decided to try the clomid alone a couple of cycles (which still ends up being around $300 each cycle).

May was the first month I took clomid.  I had three ultrasounds in this cycle to check my follicles.  The first u/s was early and didn't show any.  The 2nd & 3rd u/s showed one follicle on my left side.  This was discouraging as this is the side that the HSG showed as blocked.  During the June cycle, my 2nd u/s showed that the follicle developing on the right side decreased in size after my first u/s, which isn't what we want.

After that u/s, my doctor recommended increasing my clomid from 50mg to 100mg and also recommended taking estrogen with the clomid (as the increased clomid can cause other side effects that have a negative impact on trying to get pregnant, which the estrogen offsets).  As it turns out, Dusty got a somewhat unexpected bonus at work, and because of that, we decided to try IUI with my next cycle on clomid.  Because we are actually out of the country right now celebrating our 10th anniversary, we decided to take this month off and try again next month.

So, that catches you up on what we have been going through since April.  Hopefully our luck will change soon!

Comments

  1. Your luck WILL change soon! You are one tough gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up! I'm hoping now that y'all are back things are getting going for this cycle. If you want prayers on certain days, let me know what's going on when. Otherwise, just continually praying that you'll have a baby in your arms soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment