The Royal Baby

Does anyone else wish we had a royal family here in the states?  I don't know why, but I feel slightly obsessed with the royal family.  I just love William and Kate, and of course, the new baby.  I guess part of it is that they are pretty much the same age as Dusty and me, and new parents, as I had planned Dusty and I would be right about now. 

Unless you live under a rock, or have an amazing ability to completely disconnect from the world, you know that William and Kate had their baby yesterday, and the world got a peak at the prince today.  I just finished watching a 3 minute video on people.com of William and Kate introducing their baby to the world. 

Watching the video is bittersweet for me, especially seeing how proud William is holding his son.  I can't wait to see Dusty cradling our baby in his arms {can you imagine how tiny our baby will look in Dusty's arms??}.  If things had gone as planned, I fully expected Dusty and I to have a baby now, too, but we all know that hasn't worked out like I thought it would.  So, seeing a new baby is tough for us at times.  We've had a few friends & family recently have babies, and please don't take me wrong, we are incredibly excited for you all {shout out to Suzy and David that had their baby on Friday, yay!!}, it just pains us too.  However; I have to have faith that Dusty and I will have children of our own some day as well.  I can't wait for that day...

Comments