Grow Little Embabies, Grow!!

I was so thrilled when I found out they had retrieved 21 eggs.  It was such a good starting point.  Especially when Sarah had told me she expected 12-15.  The day of the ER, they told me they expected about half of the eggs to be fertilized. 

On Friday, I received the call from Patsy that 13 eggs had fertilized.  We were still so thrilled with that report.

Then, on Saturday, I received a call from the doctor telling me that the embryos weren't doing as well as he likes to see, and to be prepared for a 3 day transfer.  The doctor said that we needed to be in Little Rock at 9:30 Sunday morning and by the time we were in Little Rock, the embryologist would have looked at the eggs and made the decision for a 3 day or 5 day transfer.  So, there was a chance we would make the 3 hour drive to turn around and come right back, which, honestly, I was absolutely find with.  However; with the other news, I was absolutely devastated.  I immediately thought that it meant that if I had to do a 3 day transfer, there would be no embryos to freeze.  This news felt like such a blow. 

I let family and friends know, and I must admit, I felt the comfort of their prayers and encouraging words.  By the end of the afternoon, I started feeling better with the potential 3 day transfer.  I was still upset, but much more calm with that potential.  Throughout the evening, I read several message boards where people had successful pregnancies with 3 day transfers, and that there were even some clinics that only do three day transfers because they believe it is best to get the embryo back in its natural environment. 

So, Dusty and I went to bed early Saturday night to prepare to get up early Sunday to head to Little Rock.  I'll post another post about the actual transfer tomorrow. 

Comments

  1. Your a few steps ahead of me because my retrieval was just today. Scared, because I only had 7 and we are already down to 6.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment