I'm PUPO!!

As I mentioned in my last post, we prepared for a 3 day transfer.  We headed to Little Rock and arrived around 9:00.  Since we were so early, we waiting in the car until about 9:15 and then went in for the 9:30 appointment.  Once we got into the waiting room, we waited to be called back until about 10:15.  Sarah came out to the waiting room and walked us back. 

Once we got back to the prep room, we found there were a couple of hospital gowns and such on the bed and Sarah gave us instructions for how to get dressed (Dusty had to get dressed up too since he was going back to the room with me).  As Sarah was helping Dusty tie his surgical cap, Dusty said, "So I guess we're having the transfer?"  Sarah kind of laughed, and then I said, "So it's for sure, I guess?"  At that point, she realized Dusty wasn't joking.  She then explained that she had seen us in the parking lot earlier and told the doctor to call us and let us know we're doing the transfer, and he apparently said ok and walked off, but never called us!  So, it was an interesting way to find out that we were having the transfer.  Ha!  I also asked Sarah then if this meant we couldn't freeze any, to which I was so thrilled to find out that the 3 day transfer didn't mean that at all!

Once we were dressed in our gear for the procedure, Sarah and Dusty wheeled me back to the room and Sarah got me set up in stirrups and prepped for the transfer.  The doctor came in and explained that the embryos looked much better today and were actually borderline between a 3 day transfer and a 5 day transfer.  He then asked me how many we wanted to transfer (2 or 3, 3, what?!?!?!) and we agreed on 2.  The doctor then went back to discuss with the embryologist which 2 would be best to transfer and to get those ready. 

Although they did a trial transfer, which went smoothly, my actually transfer didn't go as well, as they had to change catheters and leave me on the table with the speculum in while I waited for that.  Then, of course, having a full bladder and having it pressed on wasn't very comfortable either.  But, at the end of the day, I'd do it again and again to get pregnant!

So, I currently have two little embabies in me, hopefully they are sticky little embabies and will stick and grow.  I'm PUPO (pregnant until proven otherwise) and I really can't believe it!

Comments

  1. We're praying that they stick and grow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are they putting you on beddrest? I was so surprised to learn I am going to he...and can't even shower!! So 1950's! Here's my blog: megandewitt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan - wow! No, I wasn't put on bedrest. I did take the next day off work and lounged around most of the day. I've read where some doctors do bedrest after the transfer, but it doesn't seem that common. That's interesting! I've added your blog to my blog roll, hope you don't mind! :) Good luck on your transfer!

      Delete

Post a Comment