This TTC Journey...

Our first ultrasound is Friday...I'm scared to death there will be nothing there!

I'm trying my best to be faithful and know that God is going to take care of us, but it is hard!  Dusty is being absolutely amazing and so positive through this, he really is my inspiration.

It all just feels too good to be true.  We got pregnant on our first try with IVF, and our numbers are fantastic!  It just feels like somewhere, something is going to bust our bubble.  This journey has been so full of downs, that I keep expecting it at the next step.

I have to step back and think, dang it, Michelle, just be happy!  This whole journey has been hard!  We deserve easy right now!  We deserve to be happy!  I'll admit, my thinking has become so jaded.  This morning, a friend on my TTC instagram account posted that her and her husband got pregnant on their first IUI.  My very first thought was, wow, lucky!  Then, I instantly felt very guilty and thought, what the heck is wrong with me, they aren't lucky!  They battled infertility long enough they had to do IUI.  I mean, come on!  How selfish of me.  I really am happy for them and glad they didn't have to go through anything else to get pregnant. 

As I said, this whole journey has been so hard and so disappointing at times.  Thank goodness for all of our friends and family that have supported us through this journey.  Those that we have told have been so excited for us.  We couldn't have made it through this without your prayers and support!

Over the weekend, Dusty's family knew we were telling them whether or not it worked so they were so sweet and got us a "fertility" cake!  They even had a backup plan to just split the cake amongst themselves if we told them bad news.  Ha!  It was so funny, as we were sitting around getting ready to eat breakfast, before we told them the news, one of our nieces walked up to us and was like, Chelle, we got you a little cake!  Her mom quickly changed the subject and swept her away.  I honestly was so tired that I didn't think anything of it!!  LOL! 

 
 
So, until Friday, I'm going to try my best to be positive, and picture two little perfect embryos continuing to make themselves at home!!

Comments