Scan 3

Step 4 part 2...

So sorry for the delay in my blog posts!  The last week has absolutely flown by! 

Last Tuesday, I had my third ultrasound.  At that ultrasound, I had the following results:
Right - 17, 15, 13, 16, 16, 13, 15, 19, 13, 12, 12, 15, 16, 15, 19 & 18
Left - 14, 10, 13, 12, 10, 9, 12, 10, 15 & 12
A total of 26!! 

I asked the doctor at the end of that scan (another new doctor, of course, lol, but he was great) how big my ovaries were and he held his hand up and showed me they were about the size of oranges!  Normally, ovaries are about the size of a large olive.  Wow!  No wonder I've been so sore.  I, honestly, can barely even walk.  I even wore flats to work on Wednesday, which, believe me, NEVER happens.  I felt so short (ok, I know I'm short...)!

Tuesday night I got an email from Sarah telling me to take my trigger shot would be at 11:30 pm on Tuesday night and my retrieval would be at 10:00 Thursday morning.  I was a little worried because I didn't have a lot of follicles around the size that they like them to be for retrieval (18-20), so I asked Sarah about that and she said that I have a good group that was 15-20 in size, and would keep growing, and that she expects we'll get around 12 eggs.  I was happy with that, but surprised that from 26 follicles, she expected only 12 eggs.  Well, I showed her, lol!  But, more about that in my egg retrieval post tomorrow. 

Comments